Invest in your profession: invest in DC/SLA!
DC/SLA runs on its volunteers. A record number of volunteers (about 140) have supported DC/SLA and our members by:
- Organizing relevant programs
- Creating networking opportunities
- Volunteering meeting space
- Sharing expertise as speakers
- Mentoring students and awarding scholarship
- Supporting professional development
- Disseminating timely news about the DC/SLA community and our events
- Recognizing outstanding members
- Broadening our communications channels
- and much more…
All for the benefit of DC/SLA members!
In 2014, we need YOU even more to ensure a fresh and vibrant DC/SLA. If you haven’t been involved in DC/SLA recently, isn’t it time? You are guaranteed to get back as much as you give in terms of collegial networking, professional growth and expertise building. To get involved, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator via email at Volunteer@dc.sla.org or with the form below.
DC/SLA President 2014
Please let us know if you have any questions about volunteering with DC/SLA or are interested in serving!