Invest in your profession: invest in DC/SLA!
DC/SLA runs on its volunteers. A record number of volunteers (about 140) have supported DC/SLA and our members by:
- Organizing relevant programs
- Creating networking opportunities
- Volunteering meeting space
- Sharing expertise as speakers
- Mentoring students and awarding scholarship
- Supporting professional development
- Disseminating timely news about the DCSLA community and our events
- Recognizing outstanding members
- Broadening our communications channels
- and much more…
All for the benefit of DC/SLA members!
In 2012, we need YOU even more to ensure a fresh and vibrant DC/SLA. If you haven’t been involved in DC/SLA recently, isn’t it time? You are guaranteed to get back as much as you give in terms of collegial networking, professional growth and expertise building. Take a look at the list of open volunteer positions on our volunteer site and fill one today with your name.
DC/SLA President 2012
Please let us know if you have any questions about volunteering with DC/SLA or are interested in serving!