Welcome to the DC/SLA discussion list (known as “SLA-CDC”). This list was created to encourage discussion among chapter members and for sending announcements and job postings. If you have any questions or problems with the discussion list, e-mail the list owner, Lea Wade .
A Web Interface is available to allow subscribers to search, read and post messages easily to the discussion lists. To access provide your e-mail address (a password should not be required but can be set if you choose). Subscribers can also change the settings to their account through the web access (e.g., to temporarily unsubscribe). For more information review the Quick Start Guide which outlines the e-mail commands and feautures of this new system.
- To Subscribe: send an e-mail to email@example.com, leave the Subject blank, type SUBSCRIBE SLA-CDC YOURNAME in the body of text.
- To Post a Message to the List: Send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To Unsubscribe: send an e-mail to email@example.com, leave the Subject blank, type UNSUBSCRIBE SLA-CDC in the body of text.
- To Digest Mail to Once Per Day: send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, leave the Subject blank, type SET SLA-CDC DIGEST in the body of text.
- To un-Digest Mail: send an e-mail to email@example.com, leave the Subject blank, type SET SLA-CDC MAIL in the body of text.
- Send subscribe and unsubscribe messages to the appropriate address.
- Save the subscription messages for any lists you join. These usually tell you how to unsubscribe as well.
- The auto-reply feature of many mailers is useful for in-house communication, but quite annoying when sent to entire mailing lists. Examine “Reply-To” addresses when replying to messages from lists. Most auto-replys will go to all members of the list.
- Don’t send large files to mailing lists when a URL will do.
- Consider unsubscribing when you cannot check your mail for an extended period.
- When sending a message to more than one mailing list, especially if the lists are closely related, apologize for cross-posting.
- If you ask a question, be sure to post a summary. When doing so, truly summarize rather than send a cumulation of the messages you receive.
- This is a Flame Free environment. If you are caught in an argument, keep the discussion focused on issues rather than the personalities involved. If exchanges become more personal in nature please take it off-list.
- Last but not least, if you every have any questions about the list contact the Discussion List Administrator.