Thank you to DC/SLA’s 75th Jubilee-Level Sponsors:
President’s Message – Spring Forward – By Deena Adelman. Spring is here, the cherry blossoms will be arriving soon, and DC/SLA programming is in full bloom! Winter provided us with an opportunity for introspection, and spring is a great time to put our realizations and plans into motion.
- Behind the Scenes at the Federal Reserve Research Library – By Colleen Funkhouser
- Library Visit – Rare Books at the National Gallery – By Carol Abrams
- Four DC/SLA Members Run For SLA Board Of Directors Positions – Four DC/SLA members are running for seats on the SLA Board. Find out more about Karen Reczek, Dee Magnoni, Mary Tally and Deborah Keller.
Upcoming DC/SLA & Local Events
- Job Search Workshop: Writing Job-Winning Resumes & Giving Great Interviews! – Saturday, March 21, 2015. (Note: room is at capacity, but webinar is available). Drexel University Washington DC Office.
- Happy Hour Capitol City Brewing Company – March 25, 2015.
- Library Tour – Foreign Language Collections at Library of Congress – Friday, March 27, 12:30-1:30 p.m. Library of Congress Jefferson Building. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
- Skills Gaps – What’s an Info Pro To Do? – Tuesday, March 31, 2015, Drexel University DC Facility
- The Peter Drucker Perspective on Information, Knowledge, and Business – Bruce Rosenstein speaks at CUA Columbus School of Law, Thursday, April 9, 2015.
- Mount Vernon: A Courtesy Call at the Home of the Commander-in-Chief – Saturday, April 18, 2015, Mount Vernon Estate.
- Free Minds Write Night – April 21, 2015. Funger Hall, George Washington University.
- TED Talks Curated by DC/SLA Past Presidents – May 5, 2015, Venable LLP, 8th Floor
- Grant Money Available for 2015 SLA Conference in Boston – Apply Now! – DC/SLA offers up to $1,500 in reimbursement for expenses to one qualified member to attend the annual conference.
- Become a DC/SLA Jubilee VIP Today! – For $75, SLA members can support DC/SLA programming and receive a number of benefits. You have until March 31st!
- Government Information Online: A Digital Government Information Reference Tool that Blends Librarian Expertise, Discovery, and Reference/Referral – GPO Webinar,Thursday, March 19 at 2pm.
- Social Media Tools For Competitive Research –Competitive Intelligence Division Webinar, Thursday, March 19 at 1pm.
- SLA PartnerTalk: 5 Strategies for Showing Your Value to the C-Suite – Thursday, March 26 at 2pm.
- Introduction to GPO’s Federal Digital System – GPO Webinar, Monday, March 30 at 11am.
- Crossroads: Research at the Intersection of State and Federal Law:GPO Webinar, Tuesday, March 31 at 2pm.
- Content Management on Steroids: Negotiating and Executing the Agreement – Leadership & Management Division Webinar, Wednesday, April 1 at 2pm
Food for Thought
- The Future of MLS – American Libraries Magazine. Mentions UM iSchool Re-Invisioning the MLS initiative.
- Enhancing the Value of SLA – Jill Strand, SLA Blog.
- Report – The Importance of Data Occupations in the Economy – Gov’t report via BeSpacific
- Special Libraries: Army’s Largest Technical Library Collaborates to Define its 21st Century Future – INFOdocket
- Social Media Shortcuts Guide – Keyboard shortcuts for all SM platforms for both Windows & iOS.
Around the Web: What is the Internet of Things and other reports relevant to libraries and librarianship – John Dupuis at Confessions of a Science Librarian; plenty more food for thought.
Chapter eNotes is an e-newsletter from the DC/SLA Chapter.
- DC/SLA Communications Secretary –Rick Kowalski
- DC/SLA Communications Team – Carol Abrams, Suzanne Grubb, Rick Kowalski, Jill Lynch, Zeinab A. Mansour, Greta Ober, Amber Paranick, Samuel Russell, Kerry Schork, Megan Smith, Malea Walker, Jan Zastrow