The Washington, DC Chapter of the Special Libraries Association is the recognized model of excellence as it prepares knowledge leaders for the future.
The Washington, DC Chapter of the Special Libraries Association leverages the unique resources available in the nation’s capital and empowers information professionals to succeed now and in the future by providing a dynamic atmosphere in which to build and share their expertise. We advocate the value of the profession, provide professional development and networking opportunities, and advance the practice of knowledge management.
- Grow and support a vital and active chapter representing a broad demographic of information professionals
- Maintain a communications infrastructure providing timely and high quality information dissemination and exchange that benefits individual members and Chapter/Association leaders
- Run a fiscally responsible organization
- Provide outreach programs and community service opportunities for all members
- Provide the chapter’s broad demographic of membership with a variety of appealing and easily accessible programs and events, focusing heavily on professional development, but also including networking and special interest opportunities.
Strategic Plan approved by the DC/SLA Board on November 5, 2009