Every year at the SLA Annual Conference attendees can choose from hundreds of educational workshops on the on the latest trends in gathering, organizing, analyzing and sharing knowledge. Top thought leaders discuss industry-specific trends, emerging information technology, and proven methods of providing organizations with value-added intelligence that is accurate, reliable and relevant.
For those who couldn’t make the annual conference (or those that did but missed a relevant class or two) DC/SLA is coming to the rescue! We’re hosting a SLA Conference Recap event where members that attended and learned from the broader SLA community will report back and share their takeaways with our local community!
As an added bonus both candidates for SLA President-Elect will be speaking about why they’re willing to step up for such challenging volunteer positions.
At our SLA Conference Recap event you’ll hear:
- Jill Strand and Leslie Reynolds, candidates for SLA-President Elect, share their experiences and their vision for the association
- Marilyn Bromley discussing SLA Board Sessions and the Conference Re-envisioning Task Force
- James King reporting on the results of the SLA Loyalty Project
- Sharon Lenius summarizing the Military Libraries Division programming
- Megan Smith talking about Going Beyond Google for CI, and KM sessions
- And many more!
When: Monday, July 29, 6:00 – 8:30 pm
Location: LexisNexis 1150 18th Street NW, Suite 600, Washington DC 20036
Closest Metro Station: Farragut West (Blue, Orange Lines) /Farragut North (Red line)
Price: Members: $15
Students/Retired/Members in Transition: $10
Registration Link: http://dc.sla.org/events/?ee=245
Questions contact: Chris Vestal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored by Lexis Nexis