Join your SLA colleagues for a Twitter chat about job hunting and career growth on Tuesday, March 5th. Tag your Tweets with #SLAtalk to be a part of the conversation!
SLA’s first Twitter chat of 2013 will focus on finding a job, and growing within that role.
Tune-in to enjoy tips from both colleagues and SLA’s vendor partners.
Two sessions will be held so information professionals across the globe can participate at a convenient time.
Tuesday, March 5th
- Session #1 at 18:30 GMT (1:30 pm Eastern / 10:30 am Pacific)
- Session #2 at 00:00 GMT (7:00 pm Eastern / 4:00 pm Pacific)
[Need time zone help? Go to http://time.is/compare]
Questions to answer:
- What’s a successful job hunting method that helped you land you your current job?
- What’s a profession-specific way you’ve prepared for an interview that worked for you?
- What are key organizational traits you look for during an interview or online job search?
- How did you empower yourself to move ahead at your job? or what skills did you learn which led to your career growth?
…or ask your own question/share your own idea related to this topic!
Tag your answers with #SLAtalk and the number of the question you’re answering.
For those wondering, #SLAchat is now used by the fine folks at Sporting Life Arkansas.
Start thinking with some light reading ahead of time:
“Networking for Introverts,” from the March/April ’12 issue of Information Outlook
“Future Now: Operation Agility,” from the Jan/Feb ’12 issue of Information Outlook
“Dressing Like We Mean It,” from the March ’11 issue of Information Outlook
Following the session:
Check back into this SLA Blog post after the #SLAtalk, where we’ll post some of the best ideas that you all have tweeted. Notice your tweet being favorited from @SLAhq? You’re handle and tweet will be posted here!